Cook's Hideout: Chocolate Lassi

February 18, 2013

Chocolate Lassi

Blogging Marathon# 25: Week 3/ Day 2
Theme: Cooking with Alphabets - A, L, F
Dish: L for Lassi
Today's dish was a no brainer for me, when I thought of what to make under letter 'L', all I could think was "Lassi". Lassi is a popular and traditional Punjabi yogurt based drink that is made by blending yogurt and water with Indian spices. Lassi can be savory or sweet.
My son loves the sweet and delicious Mango lassi and we order it every time we are at an Indian restaurant. For today I wanted to make a lassi that is slightly different. Well ok, the main reason I wanted to use something strongly flavored like chocolate was because the homemade yogurt I was using had a slightly burnt taste to it (while boiling milk for the yogurt, I burnt it at the bottom making the whole yogurt get that smoky burnt flavor). No other mild flavors like mango or strawberry can disguise that taste, so I took the chocolate route.

Chocolate lassi turned out awesome. I couldn't taste the burnt yogurt, but I was able to taste the tang of the yogurt along with the chocolate. I used some nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread) along with some chocolate syrup. This tasted almost like chocolate frozen yogurt. Strawberries and ripe bananas can also be added to this lassi for added nutrition.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
Yogurt - 1cup
Milk - ½cup (I used vanilla soymilk)
Nutella - 2tbsp
Chocolate Syrup - 2tbsp
Vanilla extract - ½tsp
Strawberries - 4, washed and hulled (optional)

Method:
  • Blend all the ingredients until smooth and frothy. Pour into tall glasses and serve chilled.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today for BM# 25.
Signature

13 comments:

  1. Nutella makes anything tastier. Love the image.
    I was under the impression that we have to use a cooking medium for this theme and had to let go the other alphabet options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful my little once all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smokey yogurt inspires a whole new lassi recipe :). Love it and will give it a try when I burn the vessel next time :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously love the addition of strawberries here, irresistible lassi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and innovative Lassi,my kiddo also loves the mango lassi and he orders whenever we go to Indian Restaurant..

    ReplyDelete
  6. chocolate flavored lassi - now that's what I call thinking out of the box

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures look yum!..chocolate with anything will do for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!You have given a whole new dimension to the simple lassi.Love your clicks yaar...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really new to me. We always have Mango lassi when we go out, but this one is very innovative. Chocolate lovers would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate lassi must try this looks so tempting Beautiful pictures Pavani lovely fresh straberries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lassi with Chocolate is so interesting and yummy!! Love the presentation.. So colorful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice decoration for the photo especially straw...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips