Cook's Hideout: Kid's Delight-5 Ingredient Fix Roundup

May 22, 2013

Kid's Delight-5 Ingredient Fix Roundup

Finally I'm here with the Kid's Delight-5 Ingredient Fix roundup. First off big thanks to Valli for letting me host the event. Thanks to all of you who have sent your delicious dishes to the event. My special thanks to my non-blogging friends and cousins who took time out of their busy schedules to cook, take pictures and write about their kid's favorite dishes.
As Priya said in her email that this is not a tough theme, but it definitely makes you think about what we are feeding our kids. Basically my concept is 'less is more' and that holds good for kids food too. I'm so glad so many of you joined in to share these delicious kid friendly dishes. There might be some dishes that have more than 5 ingredients, but I let them slide since the whole point of the exercise is to have fun.
I think I've included all the entries that I received. If I missed your entry, I sincerely apologize and if you leave a comment on this post with the link, I will update the post with it. Thank you.
So without further ado, here are the entries:

First up is my dear friend Jyothy who sent 3 of her daughter's favorites:
Carrot Rava Laddoo
 Sago Murukku (Saggubiyyam Murukulu)
 Sago Murukku (Saggubiyyam Murukulu)
Banana Mini Rounds
Banana Mini Rounds

Next up is my cousin Pallavi who sent 2 delicious dishes that her daughters love.
Sabudhana Khichdhi (Sago Khichdi)
Chuduwa (Poha Mixture)
Next is my friend Himabindu, who sent a nutritious and delicious chutney.
Walnut Chutney
Then I have my cousin Indira who sent this quick and easy Orange Jelly that she made for my niece.
Orange Jelly
Chandrani @ Cuisine Delights sent her Baked Rasgullas.
Baked Rasgulla
Sharanya @ Just not the Cakes sent her Garlic Bread Biscuits.
Garlic Bread Biscuits
Nayana @ Nayana's Kitchen Kreations sent 5 entries:
Golden Passion (A Papaya-Pineapple drink):
Eggless Banana Oats Muffins
Tadgole Ambyache Dudh (Ice Apple & Mango Dessert):
Tadgole Ambyache Dudh (Ice Apple & Mango Dessert)
Spinach Pesto Pasta:
Spinach Pesto Pasta
 Ice Apple & Mango Smoothie:
Ice Apple & Mango Smoothie
Nilu @ Kitchen Serenity sent 4 entries:
Aam Panna"My son really enjoyed the drink.. For him it was an energy booster.. He always wants in after his school or after playing with friends.. He likes slowly sipping it through a straw... In my house this is called 'Instant Magic'."
Aam  Panna
Idli"My son loves idlis with chutney. He doesn't have sambar though. He always saves an idli or two and asks me to fry them for him in the evening snacks."
Add caption
Mango Lassi: "My son is a huge mango fan.. Especially Alphanso mangoes.. He loves to drink this lassi but in a different manner though. He will keep in in the freezer for half an hour and then lick it with his spoon when it becomes slightly icy."
Mango Lassi
Strawberry Slush:"My son loves strawberry slush.. He likes to add lots of extra crushed ice in it.. And then have with a spoon."
Strawberry Slush
Krithi @ Krithi's Kitchen sent 6 entries.
Spicy Oven Roasted Broccoli
Beetroot Rice:
Beetroot Rice
 Carrot Rice:
 Carrot Rice
 Chapathi Upma:
 Chapathi Upma
 Mango Pachadi:
 Mango Pachadi
 Pasi Paruppu Payasam (Moong dal Kheer):
 Pasi Paruppu Payasam (Moong dal Kheer)
Linsy/ Kitchen Queen @ Home Cook Food sent 5 entries:
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Chocolate Espresso Smoothie:
Chocolate Espresso Smoothie
 Parathas from Leftover Rice:
 Parathas from Leftover Rice
 Pina Colada Lassi:
 Pina Colada Lassi
 Vada Pav (Not Fried):
 Vada Pav
Chef Mireille @ Global Gourmet sent 2 entries.
Homemade Honeydew Soda
Mangoes & Sticky Rice:
Mangoes & Sticky Rice
Harini @ Cook Click n Devour sent 2 entries:
Mixed Fruit Jam:"Mixed fruit jam is a very simple and less time consuming dish prepared with fruits that we have in hand almost.It is very healthy dish for kids as there is no preservative or food coloring used.My daughter enjoyed eating this with spongy dosas as well as licking it alone :)"
Mixed Fruit Jam
Mango Saffron Smoothie:
Mango Saffron Smoothie
Denise @ Oh Taste N See sent in 2 entries:
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower/ Mashed 'Faux'tatoes:
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower/ Mashed 'Faux'tatoes
 Chia Chocolate n Coconut Pudding:
 Chia Chocolate n Coconut Pudding
Mansi @ Aroma of Spices sent her Paalak Paneer Paratha. About the dish in her own words: "Baby A started going to formal school in April and I continued my pursuit for nutritious food that I could put in her tiffin box – which keeps her full till she reaches her daycare. One advantage on my side is that A loves methi and everything green for her is methi – even if it is spinach/ paalak or dhania/ coriander. So while methi paratha remained her favorite in winters – spinach came to my rescue as soon as summers arrived and methi disappeared from the market. This one is a spinach paratha, to which I add in ‘ever-available-in-delhi’ paneer."
Paalak Paneer Paratha
Valli @ Spicing your Life, the brain behind Kid's Delight event sent 6 delicious kid approved entries:
Mango Kulfi with Palkova:"With the season on, I wanted to treat the kids with mangos. Kulfi was a wonderful option. My son enjoyed the mangoes as a kulfi!"
Mango Kulfi with Palkova
Almond Ice Cream:"Being so used to serving only chocolate flavour, ice cream with almond was a fresh change and my daughter loved the creamy texture."
Almond Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream with Readymade Ice Cream powder:"Nothing beats chocolate and it was same with this Chocolate icecream. My kids rushed for the second helping before I could even think much!"
Chocolate Ice Cream with Readymade Ice Cream powder
Chocolate Sauce:"Needless to say this was relished as such before I could do some dishes to complete this."
Chocolate Sauce
Almond Pista Shrikhand:"This was the first time my daughter was tasting a shrikhand and she was thrilled at the taste. For this hot weather, this is surely an easy dessert to whip up!"
Almond Pista Shrikhand
Vanilla Ice Cream with Readymade Ice Cream Powder:"The expression that it tastes just like the shopwala, conveyed there was nothing going to be left!"
Vanilla Ice Cream with Readymade Ice Cream Powder
Harini @ Tamalapaku sent 4 entries:
Coconut Water-Mixed Fruit Popsicle:
Coconut Water-Mixed Fruit Popsicle
 Onion-Bajji:
 Onion-Bajji
 Ragi Buttermilk:
 Ragi Buttermilk
 Watermelon-Strawberry Slurpee:
 Watermelon-Strawberry Slurpee
Priya Srinivasan @ Enveetu Kitchen sent 4 entries:
Kesar Aam Ras/ Saffron Flavored Mango Pulp:
Kesar Aam Ras/ Saffron Flavored Mango Pulp
 Dark Chocolate Peanut Fudge Using Jaggery:
 Dark Chocolate Peanut Fudge Using Jaggery
 Spiced Buttermilk/ Neer Mor:
 Spiced Buttermilk/ Neer Mor
 Vanilla Pannacotta with Raspberry Coulis:
 Vanilla Pannacotta with Raspberry Coulis
Umm Fathima @ My Kitchette Sent this healthy Raagi Hareera:
Raagi Hareera
Pallavi Purani @ Eat Cook Burrp sent her Spinach Garlic Pizza Sauce:
Spinach Garlic Pizza Sauce
Deepika @ My Life and Spice sent a very special dish Cheeni ka Paratha. Though it is very simple and easy to make, the dish has so many memories associated with it. Do read the post -- it is lovely. 
Cheeni ka Paratha
Nivedita @ Nivedita's Kitchen sent her Potato & Kidney Bean Salad with Hung Curd.
Potato & Kidney Bean Salad with Hung Curd
Archana @ The Mad Scientist's Kitchen sent her beautiful Fruit Salad.
Fruit Salad
Jiya Jesh @ Blog Explore sent yummy Pasta Omelet.
Pasta Omelet
Karishma @ Effortless Cooking Easy Baking sent her Mango Crumble.
Mango Crumble
Cheese Pizza
PJ @ Seduce your Tastebuds sent 3 entries.
Pasta Vegetable Soup
Basil Seed Lemonade:
Basil Seed Lemonade
Tomato Cheese Pasta:

Tomato Cheese Pasta
Suma @ Veggie Platter sent 3 delicious entries.
Chocolate-Nut Covered Bananas
Carrot Soup:
Carrot Soup
 Fresh Fruit Pudding-Milkshake:
Fresh Fruit Pudding-Milkshake
Kalyani @ Sizzling Tastebuds sent in 2 entries:
Eggless French Toast
Dry Fruits Milkshake:
Dry Fruits Milkshake
Finally my 5 entries.
Tofu Fried Rice
Vegetarian Tacos with Pinto Beans & Cheese
Vegetarian Pita Pizza with Meatless Meatballs
Banana Nutella Nut Shake
Kids Flower Pot Desserts
Signature

10 comments:

  1. Lovely roundup Pavani! loved the variety of delicious kid friendly dishes..
    www.BlogExplore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, oh my god, oh my god :-)
    so many recipes only with 5 ingredients, the whole page has to be bookmarked..
    congratulations Pavani for this lovely round up
    its a huge success..

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Pavani, that's one awesome collection!...And so glad that your friends and cousins sent in so many, especially with such lovely pictures to boot!..loved each and every picture in this collection...will surely check them all..thanks for taking time to host this event, you surely made everybody think with the theme..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Pavani! What a round up! First of all, thanks for posting my recipe here - I am honored. Next, thanks so much for this event - I am so glad to see so many shakes, icecreams and coolers figure here. North India is sizzling under a heat wave and what more can I ask for! Cheers! Mansi@Aroma of Spices

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beutiful roundup with fabulaous entries to try, Congrats Pavani...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Round up Pavani. So many dishes to look through. glad that the long weekend's around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember commenting on this post from my mobile!!! Was it lost???
    Anyways,i m eyeing your Flower pot dessert!!! :) Thanks for the mention in your post!!! Lovely roundup!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many delicious kids approved dishes! You chose an excellent theme Pavani and a great job compiling the whole lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a treasure chest. Love the roundup and the fab recipes.
    Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips