Cook's Hideout: Mango & Roasted corn Salsa

May 10, 2014

Mango & Roasted corn Salsa

Blogging Marathon# 40: Week 2/ Day 1
Theme: Mango Mania
Dish: Mango & Roasted Corn Salsa
We are starting our second week of blogging marathon today and my theme for this week is 'Mango Mania'. We get mangoes here in the states all through the year, even though the quality of the off-season mangoes is questionable. I don't buy ripe mangoes from regular grocery store unless it looks really really good. I like the ripe mangoes we get at the Indian store and last year we totally enjoyed the mango season. I'm so looking forward to summer for some juicy, ripe mangoes.
Mango & Roasted corn Salsa
I made this mango salad/ salsa couple of months back when I had couple of ripe mangoes and fresh corn in the fridge. There is hardly any recipe here, it is more of a guideline. It is very easily customizable too. Add some cooked black beans or any other beans to add some protein and make it more filling. I served it along with some avocado rice for a simple dinner.

Ingredients:
Mango - 1 small, peeled, deseeded and diced
Corn - 1 cob, roasted
Jalapeno pepper - ½ of a small, seeded and finely chopped
Lime juice - 1~2tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Cilantro - 1tbsp, finely chopped
Salt - to taste

Method:
  • Roast the corn directly on the stove top or on a grill until blacked and roasted. Cut the kernels off the cob.
  • Combine all the ingredients, mix well and set aside for 10~15 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Serve immediately.
Mango & Roasted corn Salsa
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today for BM# 40.
Also linking to Fabulous Feast# 14, being hosted this week by Valli & Prachi.
Signature

8 comments:

  1. The picture itself is just tempting me a lot, can imagine how delicious this salsa will be..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time is mango time..and in any form..loving it..I too use a lot of mango in salads during the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to know you get mangoes through the season..never tried a salsa with corn..looks good to snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! Looks really good. Love mango salsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics.. Salsa is just tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son would just dig right into the salsa. This is one of his favorites and yours look so tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will love this salsa. Is so yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips