Cook's Hideout: Chocolate Cookies (Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies)

December 26, 2015

Chocolate Cookies (Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies)

Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Holiday Bakes
Dish: Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies
Hope all of you are having a good holiday weekend. Mine turned out to be busier than expected and I couldn't find time to type the posts that I planned for the weekend. These chocolate cookies were supposed to be posted yesterday but with my poor time management they are a day late :-(
Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies
I made these Chocolate chip cookies aka World Peace cookies by Dorie Greenspan twice this month. I sent a batch with my mom for my cousins in India and the second batch went to my son's school as a holiday treat. I kept a few home and left them out along with some chocolate-chip cookies for Santa on Christmas eve.

Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies

Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies
These eggless and great slice and bake cookies. Store the dough in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months and you can bake these whenever you want. They are slightly soft and taste very chocolaty and delicious. My sister said she eats them with some vanilla ice cream and I think I will try this combination next time :-)
Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies

World Peace Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1½cups All purpose flour
  • ⅓cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
  • ½tsp Baking Soda
  • 11tbsp or 1stick+3tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
  • ⅔cup Light brown sugar, packed
  • ¼cup Sugar
  • 1tsp Vanilla extract
  • ½tsp Fine sea salt or Fleur de sel
  • ¾cup Mini chocolate chip cookies
Method:
  1. Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
  2. Beat butter with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat for 2 minutes until well incorporated.
  3. Add vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
  4. Add the dry ingredients and beat until everything comes together. Try not to over beat the dough. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix to incorporate.
  5. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Form a log of 1½" thick, wrap it well in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 3 days. They can also be frozen to bake off later.
  6. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
  7. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into ½" thick slices and place them 1" apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will not be firm or hard. Cool them on a wire rack before serving.
Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 59.



Also linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook ChallengeDecember -- Week 4'.







Signature

9 comments:

  1. Love the festive look.yummy presentation

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just look so tempting! I would dunk them in cold milk and relish them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look sinful - soft and moist - just give me a glass of milk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So tempting cookies they are,cant stop drooling myself here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos and it looks super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookies sound yummy and look great in that festive backdrop.
    Wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cookies look delicious! And I love the idea of vanilla ice cream with it. Seems like a heavenly combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies looks absolutely delicious and very nicely presented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a festive looking presentation Pavani..and anything chocolate I am for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips